All content created by Seán Fobbe and presented on www.seanfobbe.com and www.seanfobbe.de is released under a Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) license.
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
- You do not have to comply with the license for elements of the material in the public domain or where your use is permitted by an applicable exception or limitation.
- No warranties are given. The license may not give you all of the permissions necessary for your intended use. For example, other rights such as publicity, privacy, or moral rights may limit how you use the material.
The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.
This license is acceptable for Free Cultural Works.
Personal profile picture of Seán Fobbe by David Ausserhofer. Used with permission.
Copyright information and authorship attribution for other images and diagrams are available on relevant subpages.
|Address||RASHID International, Institut für Vorderasiatische Archäologie, Ludwig-Maximilian University of Munich, Geschwister-Scholl-Platz 1, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
It is important to me that this website can be used free of all web tracking.
No personal data is collected, saved or otherweise processed on this website, insofar as this is under my control. In particular, this website does not store server-side log files, cookies or use any analytics software (e.g. Google Analytics, Matomo).
Please take into account that many other actors take extensive measures in order to track your online activities. To visit this website fully anonymously you like will have to rely on additional countermeasures, such as the Tor Browser or the Whonix Operating System. Neither are tools for beginners! Please visit the Electronic Frontier Foundation’s Surveillance Self-Defense Project to learn more about privacy- and security-enhancing practices.
I maintain public presences on several social media websites. The respective entities who maintain these external websites are data controllers for the data processed on these social media presences. No content from any of these websites is embedded on this website (www.seanfobbe.com and www.seanfobbe.de). Please refer to their privacy policies for details regarding the processing of personal data on external websites.
This website links to the following social media presences:
None of the links or icons to external social media presences embed any data collection features on this website. Only clicking the links and visiting these external websites will cause data collection to occur.
Please note that by clicking those links you will be directed to the respective sites which will collect personal data, particularly if you maintain your own account there and are logged in. Your data may be processed outside the European Union, for example in the US, and data protection standards may not be equivalent to the GDPR.
You have the right to obtain confirmation whether or not your personal data is being processed and, if this is the case, access to your personal data.
You have the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning yourself. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
You have the right to obtain from the controller the erasure of personal data concerning yourself without undue delay and the controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you have withdrawn your consent on which the processing is based according to point (a) of Article 6(1) GDPR, or point (a) of Article 9(2) GDPR, and where there is no other legal ground for the processing;
- you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (1) GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Article 21 (2) GDPR;
- the personal data have been unlawfully processed;
- the personal data have to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject;
- the personal data have been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8 (1) GDPR.
You have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by yourself, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you have opposed the erasure of the personal data and requested the restriction of their use instead;
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by yourself for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) pending the verification of whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override your own.
Where processing has been restricted such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with the data subject’s consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.
If you have obtained restriction of processing you will be informed by the controller before the restriction of processing is lifted.
You are entitled to receive data that you have provided in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or, if technically feasable, to demand that the data controller transfers the data to a third party.
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself, which you have provided to the controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data have been provided, where:
- the processing is based on consent pursuant to point (a) of Article 6(1) or point (a) of Article 9(2) or on a contract pursuant to point (b) of Article 6(1); and
- the processing is carried out by automated means.
In exercising your right to data portability, you have the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible.
The right shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning yourself which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions.
The controller shall no longer process the personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You may revoke your permission granting the use of your data at any point in time. This revocation only affects future use of data.
Should you have a complaint, you may appeal to the supervisory authority which is responsible for your place of residence or your state of residency or to the supervisory authority responsible for the data controller.
The supervisory authority responsible for the data controller is: Bayerisches Landesamt für Datenschutzaufsicht (BayLDA), Promenade 27, 91522 Ansbach
Due to the rapid technological evolution of the internet and change of corresponding social and legal practices it may be necessary to amend this Legal Notice. Please check back frequently and review the Legal Notice carefully.